Sunday, April 7, 2013

G.O.D.



It has been some time since I last made a journal entry here. In that time I have lead a few meetings, continued my daily trek to meetings and continue to be sober and grateful. I continue to emphasize in my meetings my experience, strength and hope. I tell people how it was, what happened and how it is now. I call my sponsor daily, speak with other alcoholics continually and am amazed at how life looks to me. I am grateful that the obsession to drink has been lifted and I have no desire to consume alcohol.

I have some legal issues coming up at the end of the month, but I have been through this before. I am hoping things go smoothly and I am able to serve the community better this time and that my schedule allows for time with my family. My four 18 hour days will probably increase to a couple more. However it’s only for awhile. It won’t be like this for ever. Not if I continue to stay sober. If I go out again I will die, end up in jail or lose everything that is important to me.  This will not happen for my Higher Power has control over everything and I nothing as it should be. I no longer look at life through booze tainted glasses. I am young in my sobriety this time around, but it is not amount that matters. It is what happens within the time that matters:
My daily reprieve
My reflections
My time with my Higher Power
My readings of the Big Book
My service towards others
My time with my sponsor
My discussions and processing with other alcoholics
My relaxed shoulders
My identification of my triggers
My not drinking
All of these are out of my control, but I practice them daily.
David J 


Group Of Drunks = Higher Power = Good Orderly Direction

 

No comments:

Post a Comment