Monday, July 29, 2013

prayers

I am grateful for today. My sponsor has asked that I memorize a couple of lengthy prayers. I have started to memorize them. The first is the 3rd step prayer. I have been attending a meeting about the 3rd step so this should not be too hard as I have been reciting it for the past couple of months.

God, I offer myself to Thee to build with me and do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy power, Thy love and Thy way of life. May I do Thy will always.

The other prayer to memorize is the “Set-Aside” prayer.

Dear God, please help me to set aside everything I think I know about myself, my disease, the big book, the 12 steps, the program, the fellowship, the people in the fellowship and all spiritual terms – especially you God so that I may have an open mind and a new experience with all these things. Please help me see the truth about all these things. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment