Monday, July 22, 2013

release

I have surpassed 6 months of sobriety. I actually did this about a week and a half ago. I can’t say that it was a major milestone for me as I have done this before. However, it is a stepping stone for my journey. I continue to engage in my journey and am at the point where I am ready to give up my professional certification. The governing body that reviews and monitors my professional number decided a couple of years ago to take administrative actions due to a legal infraction unrelated to my profession. As it was I thought this was ridiculous, but understand that the governing body is more concerned about entity liability and money than anything else. The terms they gave me for my probationary period were so unrealistic that I got the point and after a self cost benefit analysis and some introspection I decided that it would be best if I surrender my number. I have neither regret nor resentment. I had decided a few years ago that I would not be pursuing things professionally that I was set up to. Some of this has to do with oversaturation of the field coupled with a bizarre governing body that at times is kooky. The rest of my reasoning is due to my loss of interest in the field. The idea that the governing body is made up of a group that wants to be “in control” of my life does not interest me but rather repels me. There is a shoulder sigh of relief for sure for me and most likely from them as well. I will focus on my rehabilitation and they will continue to focus on their bureaucratic and listless processes.   


I am grateful for everything and realize that I continue to have no power over everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment