Monday, January 28, 2013

Progress


This time around I have a little over two weeks and I feel good. At one point I had 30+ days and prior to that I had about 6 months. The problem was that I was working my program. I was working my steps which has nothing to do with AA 12 steps. I was not in contact with sponsor and I was practicing my trade as an equal opportunity manipulator. Instead of working the program I was working my modified programs, which consequently lead me back to drinking/relapse.

This time around I am 100% committed. After my last relapse I called someone and talked for a while. This person told me straight! “You need to lose your attitude and get some gratitude….Check your ego at the door and stop half stepping your way through the program….Get up cleans yourself off and get to a meeting…. Today is your sobriety date for the rest of your life.” That is exactly what I did. I committed myself to 90 meetings in 90 days and have been hitting one meeting a day (sometimes 2) since my hiccup. I have a sponsor who has directed me to call him daily prior to noon and call/talk with 3 other alcoholics until he says. He has given me a task of completing an activity and has already got me involved with service work. Working on the first step and attending and participating in meetings has made me feel 100% better.

David J

No comments:

Post a Comment