Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Freedon, Old Timer Wisdom & Selfishness.


Today’s reflection dealt with freedom. I have the freedom to be sober and choose not to drink. I have freedom from alcohols kingdom. I did not have this before. I was a slave to the alcoholic grind. I was selfish and inconsiderate. I was an equal opportunity manipulator. I wasn’t right. I was lost. I am not a fan of using “I” statements but I know I have to in order to work through my crap.I am listening to Joe and Charlie (J&C) often. 

I am being selfish about my sobriety this time. I ignore environmental things that tug at me. If I am not selfish about my sobriety I will not remain sober. It will not always be like this, me being selfish and all but for now that is what has to happen.

David J

No comments:

Post a Comment