Friday, February 1, 2013

Home Group, Legal and Youth


I had every intention of journaling yesterday but just didn’t get around to it. I did however hit my meeting that I rather enjoy. It was a birthday meeting and there were 3 birthdays: a 2 year, a 16 year and a 25 year. It was quit an impressive time span actually. It was good to see that there was lots of sobriety in the room and once again everyone was so friendly.

I continue to have legal problems and had to make some big decisions today. The decisions were nothing to drink over. I am more of a stress drinking binge consumer. I have been that way for the last 25 years. Drinking was a stress relief like no other and it worked until it became a problem. After realizing I am an alcoholic I was able to embrace the alcoholic mind as my own.

It’s funny how things work. I am in a treatment program and can almost see those who are going to relapse. I feel bad for the youth who are struggling to cope with life through drugs and or alcohol. I have reached out to addicts both young and old and have found that although they are receptive, some are like I was; 75-80% there but not all in. I pray for them daily. However, I have to be selfish with my sobriety.

David J  

No comments:

Post a Comment