Tuesday, February 19, 2013

soooobryatea



In one of my meetings I learned that a person who had some time sober went out again. Not on alcohol but another drug. It did not surprise me. This person was cocky in his sobriety and he was one of two that I envisioned relapsing. The other one remain sober, or at least so he says. I kind of have a knack for it, mostly due to my training. The proverbial “it” being spotting potential relapses. This is, of course predicated by my own inability to forecast my own.  A very clean and sober addict once told me “if you get cocky in your sobriety its over. You will relapse mentally before you physically ingest something.”

I was reading another person’s blog today and it reassured my thoughts about why I journal. I journal for me to get it out of my head and could care less who reads it. I journal to practice thinking, writing and emotions. I write not for grammatical correctness (as evidence by my last sentence) but for emotional and mental integrity. Writing in a journal allows me to find my thoughts in a clear and concise manner and review and process them. 

When I journal, I am practicing.

David J

No comments:

Post a Comment