Sunday, February 17, 2013

Group of drunks



Today’s reflection speaks of God and recognizing Him and His glory. I believe in God, but recognize Him by a different view. God=Group of Drunks. This is my higher power. This is a God that speaks my language, who knows and has lived my stories, and who does not judge me always telling me to “keep coming back”. Some might say this is trivial and just another bunch of malarkey, but I beg to differ. Everywhere I turn I see the signs of a God. The more I interact and engage, the more it becomes clear. I am an alcoholic and will be part of this fellowship until the end of my days. This is great news, for it is not only enlightening but relieving. My shoulders have lowered and my mind has stopped wondering and wandering. I have one of my big book studies tonight and even though I am physically ill with a cold I am very much looking forward to it.

I am a friend of Bill W.

David j



No comments:

Post a Comment