Friday, February 8, 2013

Jekyll and Hyde


The daily reflection talks about the “Jekyll and Hyde” syndrome. Looking back in a sober manner I can see that I was similar to this. My behaviors were irrational and negative. When sober I was very intelligent. I am educated; I believe in science and know about how the universe works. When drunk I had narcissism, bitterness and sarcasm as my defenses and manipulation as my offense.

I am regretful of how I behaved in the past, but I take full responsibility and blame no one but myself. Alcohol is a deceptive cunning masterful drug. It hides from nothing and bares no prejudice. It is the pinnacle of madness, the prince of malevolence and the pride of the devil’s playground. 

I am grateful for all I have and am.

David j

 

No comments:

Post a Comment