Saturday, March 23, 2013

Correction



So I just want to thank another alcoholic for pointing out to me that I need to edit and be more aware of this blog. In realizing this I went back and edited every post thus far and put in a disclaimer on the side. I may be newer in my sobriety, but I really believe that my life was saved. Being aware is something I sometimes mistakenly forget about. This comes from years of subscribing to the view that I just do not care what others think about me. In the words of the great sailor philosopher “I yam what I yam and that’s all that I yam.” Granted, I am by no means perfect. In fact I am far from perfect, which I think is right where I need to be to survive. I currently am as honest as I can be, do not hold resentments towards others and am quick to mind my own business when coming across difficult situations. I am as good a person as I am able to be. I wasn’t always this way, but I am today and have been since the beginning of this year with a lot of effort, faith and hope.



It is true that I often suffer from absent minded professor syndrome. I inadvertently misrepresented this blog for a sort of self meeting which it’s not. This blog is just that, namely an online journal of my thoughts and dealings with my issues as someone who has problems with alcohol. I will continue to journal here without reference to my village of support as much as possible. If I do reference something I will make anonymity my focus. I will also continue to share my experiences outside of this blog to include how it was for me, what happened and how it is now. The prior sentence is not for this blog, but may occasionally show up. As I continue to attend meetings daily (I believe I have more meetings than days sober somehow) I will continue to share what I am supposed to in the manner I am supposed to. However, my journalistic main emphasis here is not repetition but rather new experiences through my own glasses.

David J  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment