Friday, March 1, 2013

It works

This time around I put my faith in my Higher Power and I stayed sober when faced with a very stressful situation. This is my MO. When I have too much stress in my life I drink. Or I should say I had the obsession to drink. However, as someone stated in a meeting the other day when I shared about my stressful news, “you didn’t drink nor did you have a desire to….your obsession to drink has been lifted! I am proud of you for not drinking.”

I was given an ultimatum at my work. Initially I was presented with the idea that a memo would be drafted up by the close of business 3/27 that stated I was not to return to work the next day. However, my supervisor and manager both were troubled by this and my manager immediately got on the phone with human resources and went to bat for me. Long story short, am able to work for the next 30 days with the condition that I would resign my position after which I agreed to. The decision was spur-of-the moment, but it needed to be made with urgency and I believe I made the right decision. The matter went to heads of departments and they all concluded that my accomplishments in my current employ were worth something and there was even a movement to try and get me into another position that although pays less, is still with the same company including the benefits (which is what I really am only concerned with at this point). Bottom line is I did not drink over any of this and shared at meetings the last couple of days. I felt relieved and overall better after each share. It really does work.

David j




No comments:

Post a Comment