Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Generation x




The Daily Reflection deals with patience. I have not always been a very patient person. When I was a young lad up until I was 18 I was very impatient. I was and still am generation x. Immediate gratification has been part of my thought process since I as far back as I can remember. It’s one of the reasons I was a hard liquor drinker. I wanted the buzz quick fast in a hurry. Alcoholism wrecked my patience. It basically reinforced my need for immediate gratification in all aspects so that I would seem irritable often. The irritability carried over to my home life and for that I am ever regretful. However, now that I am sober I am finding my patience is returning and that my post acute withdraw is lessening by the day. I attribute this to fully engulfing myself in my recovery. I go to meetings daily, talk to my sponsor and other alcoholics with a lot of sobriety. I am fully committed to this design for living and it is paying off.

David j

No comments:

Post a Comment